Senior Software Developer
Banyan Medical Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. We design, develop, produce, sell, and support custom Healthcare IT solutions. Our work focuses on the integration of real-time data streams in support of providing care givers, patients, and family members access to coordinated, holistic care information. We currently offer configurable solutions for procedural area integration (e.g. operating rooms), fall prevention, virtual nursing, and multisource audio/video collaboration. In addition, we offer scalable custom solutions for addressing room to enterprise level collaboration needs. Banyan Medical Systems is an innovative Healthcare IT integrator looking for dynamic, energetic, accountable, and highly self-motivated individuals to join our team.
Facilitate the use and improvement of a software development lifecycle. Coordinate and conduct necessary product release activities as dictated by the Software Development Lifecycle to include managing software development teams, gathering functional requirements, providing direction for the development, reviewing and testing software products, and instilling a culture for structured processing within a team environment.
- Researches, designs, and develops medical software applications, in conjunction with development team.
- Designs, implements, and maintains system architecture of various software platforms based on necessarysoftware changes.
- Assists other developers in customizing and/or tailoring software architecture features for use in businesslevel implementations.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Performs bug, feature, and system testing and troubleshooting.
- Assists with creating and maintaining documentation for features and systems.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware andsoftware, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Consults with service organization concerning on-going maintenance of software systems.
- Periodically assists with on-site installation processes.
- Provides escalation support to all field service engineers and other support staff.
- Ensure corporate compliance with FDA regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability with Agile development environment and tools. (Scrum, XP)
- Knowledge of source code repositories. (SVN, Git, SourceSafe)
- Solid understanding of Windows operating System.
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulations
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- This position requires the following physical activities: bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Light physical activities and efforts required working in an office environment.